Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Return from the Unknown with Dropzone Commander

A return four years in the making! I have finally finished schooling and started getting settled into the life of a working adult. A steady income and a solid schedule had finally enabled me to come back to table-top gaming; specifically Dropzone Commander! Several years ago, there was a steady group of DZC guys and I fondly remember playing the game until various circumstances led to its eventual disbandment (things such as work, marriage, school, etc.). In 2014, I effective shelved my DZC armies in favor of focusing on my major.

It's 2018 and I've managed to gather up a crew, mostly my teammates from airsoft, and convince them that Warhammer is not the only good table-top game out there. We've made some big orders, started gathering up our forces, and constructing various buildings out of paper and cardboard in anticipation of our first games!


About Me
As I mentioned in my introduction those many, many moons ago I've been an avid tabletop gamer ever since my childhood with my beginnings in Battletech. When I was really young, my older brother (who is eight years my senior) and his friends introduced me to the game, but I didn't really at all understand what was going on until I got a few years old. I don't consider myself having developed my own game sense until 2004 during the back half of Wahammer 40K's fourth edition. A handful of friends and I got into it together and we were instantly hooked into gaming.

Warhammer remained my bread and butter tabletop for most of my formative years and I did not being to expand my wargaming horizons until the introduction of Warhammer's sixth edition. By then, I had expanded my hobby into Warmachine, Bolt Action, and Firestorm: Armada. My introduction into Dropzone Commander didn't come until 2014. One of my mates saw it being played at our FLGS and decided to check something out that was significantly smaller scale. Got a chance to play it for a few years and loved it (before the aforementioned circumstances that eventually disbanded our local DZC group).

No comments:

Post a Comment