Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Girls und Bolt Action

Not sure how many of you are familiar with the anime Girls und Panzer, but its a great show made by Actas with perhaps one of the most ridiculous premises I've ever encountered. In this alternate reality, Japanese schools (which, for some apparent reason, have been built into these gigantic city-sized aircraft carriers) practice a war game sport known as sensha-do (literally, the way of the tank). It's a fun story where these high-schoolers ride around in WWII-era tanks and fire dummy rounds at each other in a mock-form of armored warfare. If you haven't seen it and you're a fan of anime, I highly recommend it.

Now, since all of the tanks featured in Girls und Panzer -- with a few exceptions -- did see action in World War II, I have decided to transliterate all of the teams seen in the anime and its OVAs into Bolt Action. Since the release of Tank War, I've set a long-term goal of recreating every team in miniature form and this will be an ongoing project that I will cover on this blog. 

As of right now, however, all I have done is point up each team for a side by side comparison to see how each match in the show lined-up. For the most part, I've assumed all tanks to possess Regular crews excluding character vehicles which I have pointed in their highest form. I will analyze and discuss each match-up in order of their chronological occurrence in the show which I have listed below:

- Oarai vs. St. Gloriana Scrimmage
- Oarai vs. Saunders
- Oarai vs. Anzio
- Oarai vs. Pravda
- Oarai vs. Kuromorimine

No comments:

Post a Comment